Monday, July 12, 2010

When I'm down
and out
(like right now)
There are several things
That help bring water
to my parched
and weary soul.

One is believing
with every fiber of my being
that there is a plan.
That God is good
and that He never
wastes a pain.

Two is praying
from the depths of me.
Speaking scripture out loud
to claim His promises.
Because I know




my Jesus answers.

Three is noticing
when He provides
(even a little bit of)
relief.
If not exactly what I desire,
It's still something.
And it's enough


to reassure me He is watching


to comfort me He is listening
And to remind me


He is indeed



always here.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE this. How did I miss this? What says it all is that pretty little flower growing in cement. Love you and I am tempted to print this out and put it on my wall. My Jesus... I like how you said that. And noticing when he provides (even a little bit of) relief. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete