Tuesday, January 5, 2010

One Year Bible in 6 and counting.....

Today I found the read-through-the-Bible-in-a-year Bible I've been searching for! I've rummaged thru closets, torn apart bookshelves, and asked everyone who's in and out of my house if they've seen it. I truly thought it was gone, but I'm so glad I found it! Here's why: I started reading the Bible thru in a year about 6 years ago. HA! It one of those ones that has the Old and New Testament squished together for a daily reading, so I needed this particular book to know I wasn't leaving something out when I stopped two years ago.
It took me fours year to read to Jeremiah and Philippians, and then my back problems began--- and reading about the plummeting of Israel just wasn't cutting it for me. Then, my health problems grew worse, a surgery didn't work, pain became a daily battle, there was another massive surgery, pain still there, worry and fear, and life spinning out of control. I stopped reading all together. I just couldn't take it. Click here to read more about that struggle for me. But then, after praying about the hard time I was having even opening the Bible I felt the Lord answer: "It's not about you." I needed to read just to hear and learn about Him. Not for anything that I would necessarily get out of it.
So, I've been reading again, but just snippits here and there with no real direction. Now that I've found my Bible I'm going to pick up where I left off. And hopefully finish thru to Revelation this time, dangit!
It's very interesting looking back thru the Book. The fire, the energy in my highlights and underlining. The "WOW, Lord!" comments I've written in the borders.
It seems like a lifetime ago.
But it's also a little resfreshing to remember the days when I felt that alive and free. Will I ever be there again? Oh, how I hope so.
But either way, "Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristen, Just stopping by to say hello. I enjoy reading your blog. I am praying as I type this that God will heal your body completely and show you His great power and mercy. Your words have a feeling of peace through your struggles which I know comes from your faith. May that peace (and Christ) sustain you.

    Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete