Thursday, December 10, 2009

M-I-C....see ya real soon!

Disney is my favorite place in all the world. I'm not even kidding. I mean, a place that calls itself "The Happiest Place on Earth," and can kinda live up to that hype? What's not to love? The magic, the innovation, the history, the parades, the music, the families, the shows, the lights, the imagination, even the Company itself are just super fascinating to me. I've been countless times and it never gets old. Just walking around the Resorts and riding the Monorail puts me in a good mood! So much of what they do is remarkable! Nobody does it as good as Disney! I realize that being as crazy about it as I am probably puts me in a treky-type subculture of "Disney-people," but I still wear my Ears with pride!

My parents tell the story of me as little girl crying on the way to the Magic Kingdom because we were going to have to leave when it was all over. And I still kinda feel that way as an adult. I just love it that much. Sigh. Andrew is baffled by it all, but lets me entertain myself. ;0) He even gets his picture taken with Mickey once in a while. What a guy!


So, of course, even when I was pregnant I had dreams of year-long passes as soon as our little one turned 2. And we haven't made it at all yet. It is the #1 most represented item on my Faith Poster.


And most people know to please just skip telling me about your recent family Disney trip because it's a sure-fire way to get me down!


So, this Saturday we are making an attempt to go. No Parks or anything crazy. We're driving a van so I can lie down on the way there and back, and we have a hotel so I can rest as needed. My hope is to make it to Downtown Disney, to walk thru the Grand Floridian (they have a life-size gingerbread house, oh YEA!), and to ride the monorail.....maybe even see the Castle! If I can do more that would be great, but we'll see. Just being out of town will be refreshing -- a first after 2 1/2 years. I'd say this is much needed. I hope we have a wonderful, *magical* time.

No comments:

Post a Comment