Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pinterest. I may never sleep again.

Do you ever get the dull-drums? Those days you feel less than inspired? Like you need a deep breath of fresh air? I have a remedy for you. It's silly, inspiring and wildly remarkable all at the same time. I know you'll love it.
It's called Pinterest. Have you heard of it?
Neither had I, but man....it's awesome. Especially for you creative types out there.
What is it? Well, I'm not totally sure. I'm just learning, but essentially it's the same thing as ripping out and saving favorite pages from magazines. Only better. Because I don't know about you, but I'm not so good at the actual organizing of those pages once I rip them. They eventually end up--not where I need them when I need them to remember that crucial paint color/cute dress/bright idea I saw. This is one reason Pinerest is great. It let's you "pin" your cool online inspirations so they are always neatly organized. And best of all, you can look at other people's pin boards and see what's inspired them. When you find people with your same artistic tastes, there's some uh-mazing stuff see. I cannot. Stop. Pinning!
Here's an idea of a few things I've pinned so far
Photography Shoot Ideas:

Fantastic rooms I just like to look at: Bright Ideas:
And the list goes on and on. If you want to view all my pin boards, click here.
The only quirky thing about it is that you have to be invited to start. Whatever. I supposed they're just trying to keep their system from getting too overloaded. But just put your email address in, and click on "request an invite." Within a few hours I had a email saying I was good to go. I think you'll be happy you did. I always leave with a smile on my face and inspiration in my soul. And some days we just need that, agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment