Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My favorite time of day



My hubby, bless his heart, does alot.

He doesn't stop
From the moment he walks in the door

And has a toddler clammering for his attention.

He helps with supper.

And then it's my time to rest

(A-GAIN). I'm sick of resting.

But that's a post for another day.

Then he plays with the munchkin til she drops.

Then he helps her into pjs, brushes her teeth

and I join them for family devotions.

...then back to bed I go....

As he loads the dishwasher

(while rockin out to his ipod),
takes out the trash,

staightens up the house,

irons his shirt,

and hops in the shower.


Then.

Then its my favorite time of day.

(At least til things with me get better????)

But that's a post for another day too.
Yes. My favorite time of the day.

When he finally can relax.

And I love that for him.

When there's not one more thing he has to take care of.

And I sigh relief for him.

My favorite time of day.

He climbs on the bed,

and I massage his sore neck.

(Uh don't worry. This isn't getting kinky.)

Finally something I can do to help him.



And we watch TV.

And we laugh

About the ham-bone guys we secretly love on American Pickers.

And the spookiness of Keith Morrison's voice on Dateline.

About how Michael Scott is a crack up

....and when is Holly coming back already?

And I tease him that Man vs. Wild is so fake,

but he's a total sucker for it anyway.



And we chat.

About how cute SaraRose was that day.

And about how Corey and Kat just need to talk it out on LA Ink.

And what tattoos we would get, if we were tattoo people.

And about how things went that day at the bank.

And how Glee is so great, but the raunchiness is a total fail.

And about how my mom and I are getting along.
And that we just don't get what's so fantastic about 30 Rock.

And how it's crazy that Antique's Roadshow sucks us in every. single. time.

And how if I were ever on a gameshow

It'd be something like "Are you smarter than a 5th Grader" or "The Price is Right."

And what we'd do with the money (or grandfather clock) if I won.


Yea. It's not exciting.

But it is good.

It's not what our evenings used to look like.

When I was well and up and buzzing around.

But it's still a blast.

We still have fun together.

And, well, that's really what it's all about anyway.

And I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this glimpse into your world :) I'm glad you have such a great guy to share your time with and enjoy. God knew what He was doing when He sent Andrew your way:):)

    ReplyDelete