Monday, September 28, 2009

The Faith Poster



I thought I would quickly share my Faith Poster and tell a little bit about it.

After my first surgery in October of 2008 (the one that didn't work), I was hugely depressed and stuck in bed (I am still stuck in bed and it's now Sept 2009, but the depressed part is getting better, I think! But you never know from day to day....). I digress.

During this time, well intentioned friends brought me magazines to sift thru and hopefully lift my spirits. The silly magazines did the exact opposite! Are you kidding me? Seeing titles like "Creating A Happy Family Outing," "Get off the Couch and Blast Off That Belly Fat!" or worse yet, "Steam Up Your Sex Life!" all of which I was DYING to do, but physically couldn't drove me nuts! I'd huff and puff thru article after article, and end up I'd throwing the magazine to the floor with a vengence and start crying. SO......

I decided I needed something to positive to focus my mind. I decided to make a poster with pictures from these piles of magazines of all the things I was longing, hoping, praying for. And I did. It took me about 5 months to complete, because I was very specific about the pictures I chose. For most of what they represent, only I know the deeper meaning. If you want to know I'll be happy to tell you, just ask. I have the poster taped right by my bed and look at it all the time. It's now Sept of '09 and (wow, I just realized I've had that baby up for more than a year!) now it's just part of the decor! Seriously, visitors stop by and I don't even think to explain it anymore. Hmmmm, I wonder if they've been curious about it?! Surely they were and just didn't feel comfortable asking me to explain. Anyway,

Several times I have prayed about and for every single thing on there. The plan is to take it down when I am finally well and a lot of the pictures fulfilled. But as I've learned, my plans....well, I don't really make plans too much anymore. If it ever happens, it will be a bittersweet day. I'll have a song in my heart that my prayers have been answered but I'll be a little sad too. I've grown to love this little purple poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment