Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Required love day

I love being in love. It's true; I'm kind of a sap. So, of course a sap like me would love Valentines Day. It makes us stop and actually say and show love to those most important in our lives. And let's face it, sometimes life is so mundane and overwhelming we need a required "let's show love" day.



I've come across a few love themed items this past week that have made me smile. Thought I'd share.

The first is a blog post. I don't know this very witty, creative mom personally, but we went to the same college and I came across her writings thru another friend's blog. She very simply chronicles her families coming and goings, but the way she sees things is so clever, sweet, and many times encouraging. And she posts lots of creative, fun ideas. Here's a post about her family's "Love Bundt."


Next, is a song. Last Saturday as I drove over Tampa Bay, I played it again and again. I so enjoy it's catchy melody and fun, love-inspired words. Take time to listen. It's a good one!

Last, is a food item. Not as love-themed as the last two, but it does at least have a Valentine's Day color to it: Pink.

Pink grapefruit. 'Tis the season for citrus and I've just recently been reminded how crazy I am about it. It's long been one of my favorite foods of all time (I've always said I'll be eating it at my banqueting table feast in Heaven someday), but somehow I got out of the habit of enjoying them. Just this past month I've started again. I love the perfectly sized spoonfuls of juicy sweet/sour goodness. And when they are cold? Don't even get me started. AND they are good for you. I once heard that they actually help your body burn calories by jump starting your metabolism and that it takes more calories to digest them than are actually in them. Now, I don't know if that's true. But it sounds good to me! mmmm, I think I'll go have one now.


Have a Happy Valentines Day!


Don't forget to tell those you love the most just how much you do.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed looking over your blog.
    You 're blog title is what caught my eye.
    You are more than welcome to visit my mine.
    http://ronjoewhite.blogspot.com

    God Bless You, Ron

    ReplyDelete