Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Thought That Counted

The other day I got a letter in the mail from my little sister.
She didn't have to send it, but she did.  And that means the world to me. 
Here's some of what it read:

"This card has been passed from my kitchen counter to my purse---just waiting for me to write it out. Just waiting for the right timing on what to say.
Although I know completely that you are rejoicing with us having another baby, I know part of you feels sad too. I couldn't say these words to you audibly, but I really appreciate your excitement (especially in us having a girl). I know it's probably hard for you and I don't neglect that in any way...
You have no idea the inspiration you are to me. I love you dearly."
Erika

There was more to it, of course, but that's the general idea. And I just want to say how much that small act of kindness was appreciated.
Thank you, Erika.
Thank you for (in the midst of your great joy) taking the time to think about me. 
And then making the effort to tell me so.
It really mattered.
I love you, too. And I'm so happy for you.

My baby sis and me

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet, Kristen. I meant every word. You are very selfless in your actions and thoughts many times and you deserve to be recognized. I love you! Can't wait to have you "visit our life" in a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristen, if you have any interest, I'd love to chat with you about a potential writing opportunity. Can you contact me at rhondacoov@gmail.com? I couldn't find any contact info on your site... thanks so much :)

      Delete