Friday, November 13, 2009

Thoughts from Last Christmas

Oh, Christmas is on it's way and I just can't wait! Can't you tell by the fact that I've already "elfed" myself and it's only mid-November?

But for real. The happiness, fellowship, smells, music, food, lights, candles, coziness, and joy Christmas brings with it is much needed in my life.
Last year at this time I was in the deepest valley I've ever experienced, and though I still have lots of unanswered questions, at least I'm further past some of the hard stuff than I was then.
My theme verse for this time is Psalm 30:5, "weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning." This promise has kept me going in my darkest of hours.
Last Christmas, God inspired me to write a little poem in the midst of all the despair. And I trust that one day I will look back and say that my night has ended and the morning has brought with it inexplicable joy!


Morning is Coming

God never promised bright blue skies
And ease to fill each day
But with His hand to guide us
We have hope along the way

He'll never leave us all alone
Thought lonely it may seem
We search thruout the darkest night
With just the slightest gleam

But slowly as we stumble on
The darkness seems to fade
"Lift up your head," says a Voice beside
"And turn your eyes this way"

We climb the hill and valley
And just beyond the trees
We see what He has been promising--
Joy in the Morning

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this:) So, if you can't already tell, I'm skimming through your poetry:) I like the visuals and it reminds me of Hannah Hurnard. Darkest night, voice leading the way, and finding joy. The first two of those descriptions remind me of 'Destruction, but not defeat'. I like the imagery in your poem. I thrive off imagery:) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete